вторник, 1 сентября 2015 г.

List of Books winter/spring 2015

 In fact, after my broke up with the KSD book club, I had not bought books. I mean real, paper books. That's why I stopped posting my lists. Well, I decided restart it. Just to share impressions with you) I love to share =^___^= Maybe you'll find these posts useful. I hope so)
I read a lot in e-book format now. It's easier this way because I really have too much I want to read! Absolutely different genres, sizes and topics. In lists like that I'm gonna post the books I've already read and share my impressions about)


First book was – Men in Black by Steve Perry. Read it just for fun. Nothing special. It's absolutely
like the movie. Good, nice and very easy to read. Oh, I read it in a couple hours. I'm not the person who is reading fast. Don't like it. That's why I was a little surprised.


The second book was autobiography of my favorite person ever - Marilyn Manson <3 called Long Hard Road Out of Hell. It's totally amazing. I read it in Russian (e-book) for now. But I have this awesome thing in English and paper (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Someday I'll read it too)
So much impressions! This man is absolutely amazing! With all his sins and thoughts! Definitely! Talented and bright in his darkness (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) And if you don't understand darkness, I think, you should not touch this book. But highly recommended (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)  


Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall by Kazuo Ishiguro is boring. Definitely not my type. Touched nothing inside of me. Leaved something creepy after it...


My Life in the Bush of Ghosts by Amos Tutuola. I thought it should be interesting. Nope. Not for me again. I love mystic novels and myths but Bush of Ghosts it's kind of ordinary story. Not really smart or useful or interesting... I'm disappointed.


The Icewind Dale Trilogy: The Halfling's Gem by R. A. Salvatore. Of course, I love it! 
(♡˙˙♡) I like mr. Salvatore) His language and his way to tell stories is so easy, interesting and pure. You're reading and reading and reading. Just can't stop reading. You live in this book with all the characters. It's true for all novels about Drizzt Do’Urden. And, of course, I will read other books!)
Btw, I already have one big blog about Dark Elf trilogy. It's in Russian only but if you want it in English – just let me know)


The Witches by Roald Dahl. Nor like, nor dislike it. Weird. The end of the story leaved me frustrated. I have nothing to tell. I don't wanna to talk about.


The Book Bag by Somerset Maugham. Oh, it's totally my story! I mean, story about a book bag and how I sick without it. But nowadays it's much easier with all gadgets and portable things. Much.
Maugham is pretty awesome! I was surprised. I heard a lot about this author but it was really first time when I read his novel. Then I read full biography) And I'm going to read something else by Maugham - in future.


The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury. Not so deep and philosophical as I supposed but I like it. Very interesting and full of amazing pictures. I saw them really clear because Ray was an overtalented writer. This story everyone should read and no matter what literature you like. Highly recommended.

S.Jackman  




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий